Are you feeling more and more stressed and overwhelmed as your due date approaches? One way to cut down on this stress is to pack for your hospital stay, by using our hospital bag packing list.
Since you might go into labor before your actual due date, we recommend packing everything up and getting it ready to go when you’re eight months pregnant. Be sure to add things to the list that will make you more comfortable and relaxed. Here’s our hospital packing list:
- Your driver’s license or ID
- Your insurance card or Medicaid card
- Hospital paperwork
- Your adoption professional’s phone number
- The adoptive family’s phone number
- Your birth plan
- Your contacts and glasses
- A few nightgowns, a bathrobe, slippers, and socks
- Whatever you find to be calming; it might be music, a photo of someone you love, or even your own pillow.
- Your cell phone and charger
- Healthy snacks, like apples, bananas, beef jerky, nuts, granola bars, or trail mix.
- Brush and comb
- Hair ties and headbands
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Extra pairs of maternity underwear
- Maxi pads
- A roomy outfit to go home in
- Comfy shoes, like flip flops
Feel free to print our list, pin it on Pinterest, or save it to your Internet favorites to have handy!