When you’re exploring adoption to build your family, reading books are a great place to start. There are lots of books out there on the subject of adoption, which can give you a wealth of information. Some of the books we list below provide info on how to adopt a baby, while others help young children understand their adoption.
The book that the adoptive father in the photo to the left is reading is God Found Us You. It’s an excellent tool for introducing the topic of adoption to young children. In the book, Mama Fox and Little Fox discover the blessings that adoption brings. We feel that it’s a great book to have on your future baby’s bookshelves!
Here’s Lifetime Christian Adoption’s list of recommended adoption books:
- Adoption Wisdom: A Guide to the Issues and Feelings of Adoption by Marlou Russell PhD
- Forever Fingerprints: An Amazing Discovery for Adopted Children by Sherrie Eldridge
- I’m Adopted, I’m Special by Beth Rice
- God Found Us You by Lisa Tawn Bergren
- Adoption Parenting: Creating a Toolbox, Building Connections by Jean MacLeod and Sheena Macrae
- Waiting for You: An Heirloom Adoption Journal for My Future Child by Kirsten Davis
- Twenty Things Adopted Kids Wish Their Adoptive Parents Knew by Sherrie Eldridge
- Hannah’s Hope: Seeking God’s Heart in the Midst of Infertility, Miscarriage, and Adoption Loss by Jennifer Saake
BONUS–request a free download of the latest Christian adoption book, Called to Adoption, by clicking the image below: