One of the biggest concerns for a woman considering adoption is finding the perfect family for her baby. What kind of family and environment do you feel will be best for your child? Do you want your baby raised in the Christian faith? Many women wish to find families whose core values match their own and specifically seek out Christian adoptive parents. When you pursue an open adoption plan through Lifetime Christian Adoption, you are in control of all of this decision.
Whether you want to find Christian adoptive parents because you were raised in the Christian faith, or you desire those values for your child, Lifetime Christian Adoption can help you find that perfect match. Opening your heart to adoption was the first step. Now let the adoption professionals at Lifetime Christian Adoption help you connect with the Christian adoptive parents you’ve been praying for.
Review Christian Adoptive Parent Profiles
You can work directly with an adoption professional at Lifetime to find adoptive parents that meet your criteria, or begin by browsing Lifetime Adoption’s list of Christian adoptive families. Lifetime has a variety of adoptive couples of faith from all Christian denominations. Here are some of the benefits of choosing Lifetime Christian Adoption:
- Each Christian family has completed a background check and home study. You can rest assured that your child will be raised in a safe, loving, Christian home.
- Each Christian family is willing to pursue an open adoption plan. You have the opportunity for a strong, lasting relationship with the adoptive family even after your baby is born.
- You can start learning about our waiting Christian families at any time with the click of a button!
Once you click on a profile, you have access to a wealth of information about the adoptive parents. Through pictures, videos, and their own words, learn all about the adoptive parents’ personalities, lifestyle, values, and faith. You can get in touch with potential Christian adoptive parents by filling out the contact form on their site. Lifetime Adoption can also send you printed adoption profiles confidentially in the mail.
As you research Christian adoptive parents for your child, there are many factors to consider. In addition to practicing the Christian faith, what else do you want for your child? Consider the following questions as you research:
- Do you want your child to grow up in a rural or urban community?
- Do you want siblings for your child?
- What is your preference on the adoptive parents’ professions?
- Will one parent stay home with the baby?
- Are the adoptive parents’ political beliefs important to you?
There are no right answers. Instead, these questions can help you develop a clear vision about the life you want for your child so that you can choose Christian adoptive parents with confidence.
Ask Questions During the Pre-Placement Call
Once you have found Christian adoptive parents that you’re interested in, you will plan to talk on the phone or meet face-to-face. This pre-placement interview is the time for you and the prospective adoptive parents to get to know each other and ensure that you are a perfect match. Up until this point, you have only seen their profile. Use this opportunity to learn more about their values and their plan for raising your child in the Christian faith. Here are a few questions you may consider asking during the pre-placement phone call:
- What was your childhood like growing up in the Christian faith?
- Why is Christianity important to you?
- What is your church community like?
- What drew you to your church?
- Are you involved in any other religious activities (Bible study, religious education, volunteer or missionary work)?
- How do you plan to teach Christian values to my child?
If you decide to move forward, this meeting may be the start of a lasting relationship between you and the Christian adoptive parents of your dreams. As you continue through the process, your Adoption Coordinator at Lifetime will help facilitate consistent, open communication so your relationship can flourish.
Many birth parents form special bonds with their child’s adoptive parents, especially in an open adoption plan. In an open Christian adoption, your connection to the adoptive family will continue after your baby is born, through updates, emails, phone calls, and even visits. You can feel confident in your decision as you watch your child grow and thrive in the loving arms of a Christian family.